- Southwest received 284,827 resumes and hired 3,363 new Employees in 2006.
- In 2006 Southwest served 61.5 million cans of soda, juices, and water; 10.9 million alcoholic beverages; 5 million bags of pretzels; 93.8 million bags of peanuts; 16 million snackpacks; and 35.4 million other snacks.
- Southwest consumed 1.6 billion gallons of jet fuel in 2006.
- In 2006 Southwest moved 265 million pounds of cargo and mail.
- The shortest daily Southwest flight is between Ft. Myers (RSW) and Orlando (MCO) (133 miles). The longest daily Southwest flight is between Philadelphia (PHL) and Oakland (OAK) (2,510 miles).
- Southwest has 1,133 married couples. In other words, 2,266 Southwest Employees have spouses who also work for the Company.
......WOW!! 284,827 resumes and Southwest only hired 3,363 new employees. Those numbers prove that Southwest is looking for employees who are really eager to help the company with customer satisfaction. When I read the fact that Southwest moved 265 million pounds of cargo and mail I was shocked, I had no idea the company dealt with cargo. I was astonished when I learned the number of married couples working for the company... how cute ;)